- Adapts EF to NEX Lens Mount Camera
- Retains Electronic Communication
- AE, AF, EXIF & Stabilization Supported
- Powered by Camera Body
- Detachable Tripod Foot
- Open Aperture Button for Manual Focus
- Green and Advanced Function Modes
- Compatible with Full Frame Cameras
- Compatible with Fully Manual Lenses
- 12 Months Genuine Australian Warranty
The Metabones EF to NEX Lens Mount Adaptor - Ver 4 adapts EF to NEX lens mount camera. Mount Adaptors are sometimes called smart adaptors because it retains electronic communication of the lens and the camera. The adapter is automatic aperture control, exif data, image stabilization and autofocus supported. It does not require any external power source for it is powered by the camera body. Lens Mount Adaptor - Ver 4 provides same functions as its predecessor but offers bigger hole and a detachable tripod foot. It features open aperture button for manual focus and the green and advanced function modes. The green function mode conserves the power by limiting aperture diaphragm movements and image stabilization. However, not all of the functions have the Green Mode. This lens mount adaptor is compatible with full frame cameras and also compatible with fully manual lenses.
Product Features in Detail
True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm
Lets camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
Powered by camera body
No external power source required.
Wide open button
Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy.
Detachable tripod foot
The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
Bigger inner hole
The new design of inner housing in MARK IV has a bigger inner hole. Improving the Tilt shift lens preformance.
Matt coated inner hole
The inner hole is painted with matt coating. This can further reduce the internal reflection.
Included in the Box
Metabones EF to NEX Lens Mount Adaptor - Ver 4
12 Months Genuine Australian Warranty
This Metabones EF to NEX Lens Mount Adaptor - Ver 4 comes with 12 Months Genuine Australian Warranty.
Our products are sourced from authorised Australian suppliers and therefore come with genuine Australian warranty.
Camera Warehouse does not participate in 'Grey Market' or 'Parallel Import' activities.
Compatibility Supported EF lenses EF-S lenses (see note 1) Image stabilization (IS) lens Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L) EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range) P, A, S, M exposure modes Autofocus (see autofocus support section below) Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders (see note 3) Auto magnify (see note 2) Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 3) Not supported Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion) Stacking another lens mount adapter on top (see note 4) Lens: Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VCNote:
- Vignetting at corners may occur for certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop image circle but Sony NEX has a 1.5x crop sensor.
- Requires lenses supporting distance information.
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture. Autofocus is disabled for most third-party lenses.
- For example, some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may cause a short-circuit with the electronic contacts of the Smart Adapter and cause damage to the Smart Adapter and/or camera body.
- User Reviews