- Aperture of F2.8
- Optical Stabilizer function
- Focal lengths from 70mm to 200mm
- Two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements
- Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor)
- High speed auto focus and full-time manual focus
- Compatibility: with APS-C and Full Frame Sensor DSLR Cameras
- 2 Years Genuine Warranty with Sigma Australia
This huge aperture telephoto zoom lens incorporates Sigma’s original optical stabilizer function where it covers focal lengths from 70mm to 200mm offering a constant aperture of F2.8 over the full zoom range. Two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements performs equally like a fluorite glass, while three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements deliver excellent improvement for the images' color aberration. The optical stabilizing function presents the use of shutter speeds by roughly 4 stops slower than it would rather do. The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring a quiet and high speed AF as well as full-time manual focus capability. Shooting is made easy for many sorts of photography such as sports and portraits. Super Multi-Layer Coating makes ghosting and flare within the photography be reduced. Sigma's optional APO Tele Converters is also possible to be attached on this lens. It is compatible with APS-C and Full Frame Sensor DSLR Cameras.
Product Features in Detail
Ideal for handheld photography
The lens is equipped with Sigma's own unique OS (Optical Stabilizer) function. This system offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible, making telephoto shooting easy. Mode 1 is ideal for general photography and Mode 2 is designed for panning subjects such as racing cars. For Sony and Pentax mount, the built-in OS function of this lens can be used even if the camera body is equipped with an anti-shake function. As compensation for camera shake is visible in the view finder, the photographer can easily check for accurate focus and ensure there is no subject movement.
* For Pentax and Sony mounts, it is not possible to use the AF and the built-in OS function of this lens when attaching it to film SLR cameras as well as Pentax ist series and K100D.
* When using the OS function of a lens with a camera which incorporates a stabilizer unit, please turn the camera's stabilizer unit off.
* This lens cannot be used with film SLR cameras with the exception of the Nikon F6 and Canon EOS-1v.
This lens has a compact construction with a diameter of 86.4mm(3.4in.), overall length of 197.6mm(7.8in.) and weight of 1,430g(50.4oz.). This compact and lightweight construction makes it ideal for many types of photography such as portraits, landscapes and sports.
Excellent Optical Performance
This lens features two FLD ("F" Low Dispersion) glass elements, which have the performance equal to fluorite glass, and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements providing excellent correction of color aberration. The Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and ensures high contrast images. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range.
* FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission. This optical glass has a performance equal to fluorite glass which has a low refractive index and low dispersion compared to current optical glass. It also benefits from high anomalous dispersion.
These characteristics give excellent correction for residual chromatic aberration (secondary spectrum) which cannot be corrected by ordinary optical glass and ensures high definition and high contrast images.
High speed and quiet AF
The lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), ensuring high speed and quiet AF as well as full time manual focus capability.
* For Sony and Pentax mount, AF will not function with DSLR cameras that do not support HSM.
Inner focusing and inner zooming system
The lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming systems. The overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, ensuring convenient handling. The inner focusing system also eliminates front lens rotation, making the lens particularly suitable for using circular polarizing filters and the supplied petal-type lens hood. A removable tripod collar (TS-21) is included as a standard component.
This lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm which creates an attractive bokeh to the out of focus area.
APO Tele-Converter (Optional)
The addition of the optical 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters* produce a 98-280mm F4 AF telephoto zoom lens or a 140-400mm F5.6 AF telephoto zoom lens respectively.
* The Pentax mount Tele Converter is not compatible with the particular lens.
Tele Converter matching list
Hood Adapter HA850-01 (Supplied)
Hood adapter extends the length of the lens hood and provides more effective shading when used with digital cameras with an APS-C size images sensor.
* When using the APS-C Hood Adapter HA850-01 with digital cameras with larger than APS-C size image sensor, vignetting will occur. Please remove the hood adapter if you are using these cameras.
SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM receives EISA EUROPEAN LENS OF THE YEAR Award.
Included in the Box
Sigma AF 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
2 Years Genuine Warranty with Sigma Australia
This Sigma AF 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM comes with 2 Years Genuine Warranty with Sigma Australia.
Our products are sourced from authorised Australian suppliers and therefore come with genuine Australian warranty.
Camera Warehouse does not participate in 'Grey Market' or 'Parallel Import' activities.