See The Bigger Picture: DJI Mavic 2 ReleasePosted 23/08/2018 at 1:44 AM
Today has been an eventful day of announcements from digital imaging heavyweights. DJI officially launches the DJI Mavic 2 with the See The Bigger Picture event live in New York City. Earlier this month, we posted about the various rumours going around the web about the specs, release dates and newer features it may have.
Here's what has been confirmed so far from their See The Bigger Picture event:
1. There are two models: The Pro and The Zoom. The original Mavic weighed in at 734 grams. DJI added some weight into the newer models with the Pro hitting 907 grams and the Zoom weighing in at 905 grams.
2. DJI partnered with Hasselblad for Mavic 2 Pro proving that there is no other drone and partnership of its kind in today's market. It's an historic moment in aerial imaging technology. It has a 1-inch CMOS sensor with an adjustable aperture of f/2.8 to f/11. It gives you the flexibility to capture images in bright or dim locations where you can shoot at any time of the day. It captures 4K Ultra HD with higher colour-depth and dynamic range and resolution than its predecessors. As it's a Hasselblad model, you have an access to its Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution - for improved colour and tonality in your photos.
Photo taken with Mavic 2 Pro
3. The Mavic 2 Zoom is the world's first foldable consumer drone with a 1.23-inch CMOS sensor and 24-48mm optical zoom plus two times digital zoom. It gives you 96mm telephoto lens for 4K lossless zoom FHD video resolution. It has a super resolution with 48MP Super Resolution Photo and capable of stitiching nine detailed photos together. Saves you the time of stitching them on post.
4. The Mavic 2 Zoom also features enchanced HDR capabilities (13 stops Mavic 2 Zoom; 14 stops Mavic 2 Pro), Hyperlapse with a track modes: Free, Circle, CourseLock and Waypoint, Quickshot for a cinematic feel with Dronie, Circle, Helix, Rocket, Boomerang, Asteroid and the Dolly Zoom (popularised by Alfred Hitchcock), ActiveTrack with predictive lock for 3 seconds on the subject.
Photo taken with Mavic 2 Zoom
5. Both of the Mavic 2 models can fly up to 8km 1080p Video Transmission, up to 31 minutes of flight time, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, maximum speed of 72 kph on Sports Mode, OcuSync 2.0 and compatibility with DJI Goggles Series. It has an 8GB of Onboard Storage - just in case you forget your SD cards, DJI has you covered.
6. The Mavic 2 is priced at $2299 for the Pro and $1999 for the Zoom. Check back with us as we give you more updates regarding its Australian release. We're really looking forward to you upgrading or buying your first ever drone with this jampacked DJI drone.
Categories: Latest news