Canon EOS 40D rumour mill
Where there's smoke there's fire? We've received reports that Canon Hong Kong's website has a blank page with the title 'EOS 40D', which has led to widespread speculation that this new digital SLR is more than just a rumour.
The PMA 2007 show website suggested yesterday the that EOS 40D specifications will be something like:
- 10.1 MP CMOS sensor
- 5fps, 30 JPEG image burst
- Integrated Cleaning System
- 2.5-inch LCD with 230K pixels and 160潞 viewing angle
- Picture Style image processing
- Spot metering & 9-point AF
- DIGIC II processor with 0.2 sec start up
- Digital Photo Professional software
- Magnesium alloy body
- Compatible with all EF/EF-S lenses and EX Speedlite flashes
- Including powerpack and accessories
I'm sure that the rumours, if true, will be confirmed in the lead up to the show's opening in Las Vegas on the 8th March.